Adding Google Analytic Code to Your wordpress site is very Easy, You can do it in 10 Steps. Before Starting let’s understand what is google analytic and why it is needed ?
What is Google Analytics ?
Google Analytics is a product of Google, Helps you to track Views and Impression on Your site. It track no. of clicks, Impression, Website traffic, etc. This Product is Launched by google in 14 November 2005. There are over 50 million websites around the world uses Google Analytics. If you are not using it, you should set it up right now by following my steps.
Why Google Analytics Needed For Your Site ?
Google Analytics gives you the 100% accurate information about the traffic coming on Your site. It records various activities of your site’s users when they visit your website, as age, gender, interests of those users. It then sends all that information to the GA (Google Analytics) server once the user exits your website then you are able to determine the Information regarding your customers and able to improve your quality.
How to Setup / Add Google Analytics Code to Your WordPress Site ?
For adding google analytics code to your site you have to follow 10 Simple Steps :-
- Search Google Analytics on Google, and click on 1st Link.
- Click on Get Started Button and Sign Up with your New G-Mail Account.
- Ones You Have Signed In, Click on Start Measuring Button.
- Then Enter Your Account Name (Your Business Name) and click Continue.
- On Next Screen Click on “WEB” and then continue.
- After that, you need to enter website name, website’s URL, country, and time zone.(The Website Name Should not Contains domain Name).
- Now You See a Screen Like this,
- Simply Click on “Data Streams” Option and then Click on Your Site Name.
- Scrool Down And Find tagging instructions and click “Global site tag (gtag.js)” Option.
- Simply Copy the Code.
Now Let’s Talk About How to Paste Google Analytics code in Your Site :-
- Login to Your WordPress Site.
- Install and Activate “Insert Headers and Footers” Plugin
- Come Back to Dashboard and Scroll Down and Hover on Settings.
- You See a Option Insert Headers and Footers Click on It.
- And Paste Your Code in Header Section.
- And then Click on Save Changes
You Are Successfully able to setup your google analytic Code for your website now you can track anything !!