Mobile in modern times has eliminated the need to keep a hard copy of a document. But if you want to print something, Smart Android Mobile lets you do it, and the integrated Google Cloud Print system has made the experience very comfortable. In this article we know how to print documents with mobile ?
However, Google recently announced that it had removed Cloud Print in January 2021 and would no longer support the service. This news comes as a bummer for millions of users.
Here, we have mentioned the Google Cloud Print option if you want to print a document/image from an Android mobile device then you should do this job. We have also discussed many other methods.
With Google Cloud Print, if you want to know about other ways to print any document from your Android device, follow our in-guide guide below.
Set Up Papercut Mobility Print
Since Google Cloud Print is no longer available, another alternative option for us is Papercut Mobility Print which we can use. It provides a free solution and works with almost all printers available in the market. Now, keep in mind, if your printer has Wi-Fi functionality, you do not need to create a print server.
If you have one of those old printers, you have to connect it to your computer via USB and create a printing server on your PC. In this way, you will be able to wirelessly print to older printers from your Android device. In addition, this method allows you to print from anywhere, and you do not need to be on the local network. We will further see how to create a printing server on a computer.
1. First of all, you have to download Mobility Print Server. Mobility Print Server is available on Windows, macro, and Linux.
2. Run the setup file and install the Mobility Print server app. Next, you create an account and log in to the Mobility Print Dashboard
3. On the dashboard, click “Choose Printer”, and the app will automatically detect the printer associated with your computer. Be sure to “publish” it so that it becomes searchable when you are printing a document from your Android device.
4. Now, you have installed the print server. You can go ahead and print any document wirelessly from an Android device.
Print documents/Image from Android Mobile
Print Documents/Image from Android Mobile
1. Download the Paper cuts Mobility Print App for free on your Android mobile.
2. First of all open the app, tap on the first option given, and make sure that you turn on the “Mobility Print” service. Also, tap on the second option and keep the notification on.
3. Now, open any app and easily print any of your documents. For example, open Chrome and tap on the 3-dot menu, and choose “Share”. Next, choose “Print” from the bottom menu.
4. This will open a printing page, where you have to tap on the top on the drop-down menu. It will then automatically scan and load all the printers you publish. If you do not see the printer from Papercut, tap on “Show All Printers” and add “Mobility Print”. After then select the printer and then click on the print button.
5. You will get a notification “Printing successful”. If you are printing from outside your network, you will need to enter a username and password to start the print job remotely.
Connecting printer with Android mobile app
You can also use Android Mobile App Printer’s official printer app, which you do yourself to print a document or picture over Wi-Fi 33. This is an excellent and easy way for those who want to go through the hassle of manually adding a printer via Google Chrome. First of all, you have to download your printer referring app or print service plugin that enables the printer in Android’s print menu.
You can also use the Android mobile app of the particular printer that you own to print a document or picture over Wi-Fi. This is the best and easiest way for those who do not want to go through the hassle of manually adding printers through Google Chrome.
On the Play Store, you can search for apps from various printer manufacturers. We have listed some company plugins of the popular here for your convenience.
HP: HP Print Service Plugin
Epson: Epson imprint or Epson Print Enabler
Canon: Canon PRINT Inkjet or Canon Print Service
Samsung: Samsung Print Service Plugin or Samsung Mobile Print
Konica: Konica Minolta Mobile Print
Brother: Brother Print Service Plugin
Morea: Morea Print Service
Xerox: Xerox Print Service Plugin
Lexmark: Lexmark Mobile Print
Using a USB Cable or Bluetooth
You can also use a USB cable or Bluetooth to connect your Android phone to the printer. All you require a printer that supports some specific parameters. Almost all the smart android phones support a USB connection to printers. However, if you’re using an older device, you’ll need to download a third-party app like Printer-Share (free in-app purchase) to connect to a USB printer.
During the test, the phone cannot be connected to the printer using a USB cable. So I chose Printer share to establish a connection.
To do this, go to Settings->Print and give the application access to the print service. After activation, you can use the app to remotely connect to Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB, Cloud Print or supported printers. The application may ask you to download the correct driver. So make sure you do it.